December 10, 2011

Christmas Drawing Nearer

What a day! Woke up bright and early, frost outside my window! I got dressed, had breakfast and then jumped on my bike and cycled in to a "made in Bristol" Christmas fair. Then I went across the centre to buy tickets for Coram Boy, a play/musical full of Christmas spirit. Maria + mom, Jimbo and Sus - the 22nd of December it is! I then went to Broadmead which was packed with Christmas shoppers. I bought oranges, found a group of people from my church singing carols and joined in. I may not have much of a voice, but I enjoyed it even if the shoppers didn't!

On my way back I bumped into Tim and joined him for a cup of tea in the chilled sunshine, then went hunting for fresh yeast. Fresh yeast is a rare product in Bristol, and my yeast shop had run out of it. I had to go to Tesco's bakery and put on my "you are the only one who can save my Christmas" look and ask them to give me some. I had not even finished my first sentence when the kind baker disappeared to get me some. My lucky day! Then cycled home to make vörtbröd (Christmas bread), meatballs and biscuits. I'm tired, but I have a Christmas soiree to attend shortly. My star housemate is now making me lunch/dinner and I'm trying to stay awake.

Tomorrow we're having a Christmas Lunch and then going to a Carol service in church. And on Thursday me and Maria are going to Oxford to join Maciej, my floorball-mate, for the Christmas Market.

Christmas is all around baby!

All Love

No comments:

Post a Comment