Today has been great! After 12 hours of sleep (to make up for the last few weeks) I woke up to a sunny day, and as I was washing my face the sun lit up the mirror and reflected in the water and it made me smile, the kind of smile you have when you feel truly happy. I feel like giving the whole world a hug, from the dirtiest tramp to the richest idiot. That's what knowing God does to me, and I love it!
The most common argument I get when people find out I'm a Christian is how a good God can allow so much pain and suffering. I've never been good at meeting that question because it's usually fuelled by a deep pain, and when an argument is caused by anger it will never reason. It leaves me feeling uneasy and sad, because they got it so wrong. I say, because of bad decisions (right at the beginning of the Bible) the world we know ended up in the hands of evil. Now, God could have swiped it all out and started from scratch, like you do a bad drawing or a messed up recording. The thing is, that would have meant getting rid of us, something He wasn't prepared to do. So we ended up in the middle of a war between good and evil, like pieces on a chess board. The evil knows that the best way to get to God is to attack the ones He loves the most. Maybe it is that the evil one does not care about us at all, but he knows that God does. Now God could bring judgement day anytime, but the problem is that most people wouldn't survive it. It would be like trying to run Windows software on a Mac, or trying to microwave old tupperware. Unless we turn our hearts to God and get transformed we simply cannot make Heaven. And so there is pain and there is suffering, but there is also love. And the love I know is bigger than any suffering, even the pain that is so deep it feels like the inside is screaming and it seems like nothing in the world could ever make you happy again. It's tough, but I would rather take the pain, I'd rather go through fire than see the ones I love go under. And this is why we have Jesus, the cross and salvation. Love.
A week from today Tony starts detox again. He told me today, and it was a long time since I saw him so happy. I know the odds are against him, but I know that odds aren't always right. Fighting until the end.
All Love
No comments:
Post a Comment