I'm having a break in my cousin Matthias' house in Åre, Sweden. In half an hour I'm taking the bus into "town". Going to take a walk on the lake and see if my butt survives :). Snow flakes are slowly making it to the ground and it's so peaceful. It's a nice break for sure.
The last couple of weeks my mind's been spinning around the word truth. I had the image of us living with veils before our eyes, hindering us from seeing clearly. The thing is we all seemed happy to keep the veils, because they justified the ways we lived our lives and formed reality to suite us. But I can't help but wonder what is beyond those veils. What is the utter truth about us, about God and about the reality we live in? Jesus said "I am the Truth" and so, when we get to know Him more we should know more about the Truth. He also said "If you abide in My word, you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free". Reading the Bible is not a doctrine we should apply just for the sake of being "religious", but it is a key for discovering truths. Truths about us, truths about God and truths about the reality we live in.
On the train I overheard some men talking about their job and boasting loudly about their income. They filled me with such disgust I felt sick to my stomach and had to leave the bistro. Thinking back, I feel more sadness than anything. They are more lost than they know...
All Love
No comments:
Post a Comment