December 25, 2012

Christmas Day

Today is Christmas Day and I decided to visit Joseph, one of our dayworkers', church. Of all the churches I've visited here I think this one was my favourite. I could just sense it as I came in, something in the atmosphere that made it feel like home. I cannot point out what made it different from other churches, maybe it had to do with the way they related to each other; somehow my spirit felt at peace there.

The African people I've met here sometimes remind me of my grandmother in that sense that they like to feed me. Still trying to digest our Christmas brunch I tried to decline food after the service, but as that is not a very polite thing to do around here I changed my mind. I explained to the lady that I was too full and only wanted a small small portion. She said she understood and came back with a double portion; no point in arguing. I ate half of it and started thinking about starting a diet soon. After all, I have been told that my face has become more round, like a mongolian face. Although this was meant as a compliment, I feel I don't want to start looking too Mongolian; if the face becomes round, other parts grow bigger too. Pretty much all of my Christmas presents consisted of cookies and sweets, I reckon this "diet" thing won't be very successful. It never was...

All Love and Merry Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Good morning how are you?

    My name is Emilio, I am a Spanish boy and I live in a town near to Madrid. I am a very interested person in knowing things so different as the culture, the way of life of the inhabitants of our planet, the fauna, the flora, and the landscapes of all the countries of the world etc. in summary, I am a person that enjoys traveling, learning and respecting people's diversity from all over the world.

    I would love to travel and meet in person all the aspects above mentioned, but unfortunately as this is very expensive and my purchasing power is quite small, so I devised a way to travel with the imagination in every corner of our planet. A few years ago I started a collection of used stamps because trough them, you can see pictures about fauna, flora, monuments, landscapes etc. from all the countries. As every day is more and more difficult to get stamps, some years ago I started a new collection in order to get traditional letters addressed to me in which my goal was to get at least 1 letter from each country in the world. This modest goal is feasible to reach in the most part of countries, but unfortunately it’s impossible to achieve in other various territories for several reasons, either because they are countries at war, either because they are countries with extreme poverty or because for whatever reason the postal system is not functioning properly.

    For all this I would ask you one small favor:
    Would you be so kind as to send me a letter by traditional mail from Guinea? I understand perfectly that you think that your blog is not the appropriate place to ask this, and even, is very probably that you ignore my letter, but I would call your attention to the difficulty involved in getting a letter from that country, and also I don’t know anyone neither where to write in Guinea in order to increase my collection. a letter for me is like a little souvenir, like if I have had visited that territory with my imagination and at same time, the arrival of the letters from a country is a sign of peace and normality and an original way to promote a country in the world. My postal address is the following one:

    Emilio Fernandez Esteban
    Avenida Juan de la Cierva, 44
    28902 Getafe (Madrid)
    Spain

    If you wish, you can visit my blog www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com where you can see the pictures of all the letters that I have received from whole World.

    Finally I would like to thank the attention given to this letter, and whether you can help me or not, I send my best wishes for peace, health and happiness for you, your family and all your dear beings.

    Yours Sincerely

    Emilio Fernandez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Frida,

    Today I got your wonderful letter from Guinea,
    you can see it in my blog:

    www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com

    Thank you very much for the nice words that you have wrote inside. I thank you again for helping me in order to increase my collection despite the hard conditions of your work in Guinea. May God bless you and your colleagues for the work that you do in order to help the Guinea's people

    I send you my sincere wishes of health, peace and happiness to you, your family and friends.

    Yours faithfully

    Emilio Fernandez

    ReplyDelete