Yesterday I was invited to come and listen to my friends as they were playing at a wedding in town. They shared their meals, their tea and even their profits with me, and the fact that I didn't really contribute with anything seemed to be of no importance. They made space for me even though there wasn't really any space, and it warms my little heart. It's fascinating how things that wouldn't fit in two cars back home can be loaded in a single car in Africa without too much hassle. If the load is bigger than the car or if there are three people hanging off the back of the car is a lesser issue. How on earth we managed to drive with 7 drums, two big speakers, an amplifier, personal bags and 8 passengers (driver excluded) on bumpy dirt roads is to me a mystery. Also, I now understand why they created the automatic car; a gear stick takes up a ridiculous amount of space.
No comments:
Post a Comment