- Do use handsanitisers, Cholera is running wild in Conakry
- Do go out in groups of at least 2
- Do keep the curfew (be back at 10pm)
- Do not give the police any money unless you actually did something to deserve a fine
- Do not expose signs of wealth when leaving the ship
- Do not take pictures of any government buildings if you want to keep your camera
- Do not eat food that's been lying in the sun surrounded by flies for 4 hours
- Do not show your knees in public
I have also been warned by crew members of white female kind not to socialise too much with the African male crew as this can easily be misinterpreted. I see what they mean, but when I have one room with Europeans/Americans playing boardgames and watching movies and another room with African men having a spontaneous music session, singing and dancing, I know where I'd rather be! Though advice is good, I have a feeling that those who know me are worried about my ability to follow advice, and perceive my risk-assessment to be somewhat skewed. I understand but I don't necessarily agree. They say curiosity killed the cat, but the adventurer in me says "the one who never take any risks risk not living at all". I'd rather live full on for a short time than have a long unsatisfied life! Saying that, I just want to point out that so far I have been keeping the advice about not going out into town solo. Good girl!
All Love
Oj,oj,oj Frida. Det blir inte lätt
ReplyDeleteDu får va Frida, men du får inte vara dum i huvudet! Inget solo i stan!!! Jag har själv brutit ett sådant löfte, och se vart jag hamnade, Borås... Men det lär bli ännu värre för dig... :S Så gör nu inget dumdristigt. Jag älskar dig!
ReplyDeleteSluta aldrig vara Frida! :)
ReplyDeleteNär jag läste det sista om att du iaf inte gått ensam till stan fick jag en bild framför mig där du gjort allt annat på listan. Snälla ät inte gammalt flugspytt käk, tvätta händerna, och häng gärna med afrikanska män - MEN du har en olidligt flirtig personlighet som är underbar, och den bör du nog göra dig medveten om.. på riktigt! Men ha roligt, du är inte tappad och Gud verkar älska dig, för du har ju klarat dig so far :)
ReplyDeleteMen som Rut sa, gå inte iväg utan sällskap! :)
Gud välsigne dig!
Hehe, ride on =)
ReplyDelete/Bengtsson den äldre, men inte äldste... näst äldste. Av syskonen. Jag är förresten miljöpolis i en liten fin kommun 6 mil söder om Östersund nu. Fäder! Håll era verksamhetsutövare inomhus, för annars inspekterar jag dom.. hm, det här blev verkligen inte bra. Jag har bara jobbat en vecka. Hoppas du får kul Frida =)