So it's been 13 days since I caught an ear infection, the first antibiotic (Augmentin 875-125mg) didn't help and I've been started on another one (Clindamycin 150mg). I'm hoping Tracey will be able to look at my ears this afternoon to see if it's working at all, otherwise I'm in for trouble. We are flying to Ghana in less than a week and flying with already congested ears doesn't sound like a treat to me!
Having bunged up ears have made me realise how fantastic the body is. I can hear my own heartbeat and the sound of my own blood flowing through the arteries is so loud I sometimes find it hard to concentrate on what people are trying to say to me. I can hear every crack of the spine and every step creates a thumping echo in my head. If you'd put in earplugs and start talking, that's what I hear every time I open my mouth, just a bit more resounding. I'm slowly getting more used to it, the hardest thing is not being able to follow conversations very well. My team has been lovely though and have been patient enough to repeat every other sentence for me.
All Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love you Frida! Praying this heals...you are amazing and this will go away:)
ReplyDeleteFrida, jag och Rebecca har kommit överens att be för dig!! Hoppas innerligt du blir frisk innan flygturen!! gaahh! puss från hawaii
ReplyDeleteThanks! It's now slowly getting better, hearing has improved and the infection has started to go down! xx
ReplyDelete