May 24, 2012

Clearing Out The Attic


Prayer Cards
Prayer cards
I was sent up to the attic today to get rid of old stuff that were just lying around. As always I ended up looking through old books and pictures, and some of it was from my time with YWAM in Denver. It was really inspiring reading all the notes and old journals. I found two prayer cards I had made during my time there; one for a man we met in the park; he had just lost everything and was absolutely devastated, and the other for GUSCO, and organisation working with rehabilitation for child soldiers escaping from the LRA in Uganda. 7 years doesn't seem that long ago...

I also found stuff from when I left high school; a letter where I said I thought one of the reasons people get depressed is that they "get bogged down in themselves" and that we need to develop to thrive. Not bad for 16! And an anonymous note from a class mate saying I was the best when it came to chatting up boys... not all innocent so it seems  :)

All Love

No comments:

Post a Comment