February 24, 2012

Man on Wire

It started off as a cold and a bit of fever; add the runs and top off with 24 hours of nausea and vomiting and you've got my last 48 hours. Yesterday I was in a state of either feeling sick or being sick. Today I managed to eat 2 slices of toast and I'm enjoying being able to sit up for more than 10 minutes without it setting my head spinning. And I'm bored.

Earlier today I watched Man on Wire, a documentary about Philippe Petit, the man who walked on a wire between the twin towers in 1974. It was quite an astounding story, and although he appeared to be quite an eccentric (but then he was French) it is remarkable what people are able to accomplish once they've got their mind set on it. I'm not sure what my dream is or where my destiny lies but I know it's out there beckoning, and maybe my restless feet will find it one day. Saying that, I'm almost 100% sure it does not include a wire and terrifying heights.





All Love

No comments:

Post a Comment