Holiday round II took me to Torquay, at the very south of England. First I stopped in Taunton where Rachel (my former house mate) works and spent a day there before we headed south to Torquay together. Rachel lent me her bike while she was working and I went on a 20 mile bike ride around the country side, all the way up to Wellington monument and back. Uphill my tummy started rumbling and my legs started to ache, and so I had to take a break photographing bulls just to settle my stomach and regain energy. By the time I got to the monument I was starving, but managed to miss the pub's food serving hours by 10 minutes and therefore had to settle for a small bag of crisps and a pint of water for lunch. By then anything would do, and because most of the remaining journey was downhill I managed to survive. Just about. Later me and Rachel caught the train toward Torquay where we were served dinner by Gemma. Then three tired birds went to bed early, ready for a full on day Saturday.
![]() |
| Bullies |
Saturday had a brilliant start, heading down towards the coastline for a morning swim in the sea. It was cold and refreshing, the amazing feeling of salt water in my face. I felt very very happy. Then we went for brunch at a cafe overlooking the harbour, watching the end of the rugby game, which Ireland gracefully won, sipping tea and enjoying a warming full fry. After that we went back to Gem's den and caught a ride with Red Emma to Plymouth to watch Amerca's cup, a catamaran race. We were probably the only ones cheering loudly, but how could we not, over excited as we were, cheering the Swedish team through both loss and victory. After Plymouth we went back to Torquay, met up with a girl Gemma and Rachel met in South America and went out for Italian and dancing.
![]() |
| Warmed up by Gem after swimming |
![]() |
| America's Cup in Plymouth |
![]() |
| Woop Woop, go Sweden!! |
Sunday was a day of snoozing and recovering. We managed to get ourselves out for a walk along a beach somewhere near Brixham, enjoying more beautiful scenery and fresh air. Then back for some Tacos and drinking hot chocolate watching film in bed.
![]() |
| Gem, me and Rachel |
![]() |
| Skimming Action |
Monday morning I packed my bag and went down for a last view of the sea before I caught the train back to Bristol. I can still remember the sound of the waves rolling in and I do miss it. I owe BIG thanks to Rachel and Gemma for an amazing weekend with brilliant company, and another thank you to Tim for lending me his shoulder for the snooze on the train back.
![]() |
| Boots off for wading in water |
![]() |
| Waiting for train |
Thursday (which is not tomorrow I was so kindly reminded by my polite driver) my next journey begins - I'll be heading down to Holland accompanied by two lovely strangers to go boating in Rotterdam.
All Love









No comments:
Post a Comment