Yesterday night me, Julia and Maria + Julias brother's two friends who got stuck in England by the vulcanic ashes, headed out for a night on town. On our way from the pub to the pick-up spot for the taxi we saw a man laying head-down half way down a stairs. The three nurses sprang into action, doing jaw thrust, keeping record of breathing and pulse, and starting CPR before ambulance got to the place. By the time they arrived he got pulse and breathing back and showed weak signs of response. When they left we were all quite shook up, especially by the fact that the man probably had been laying there for a while, people just walking by. During my education I would have dreams about emergencies like these, a reaction to all the information we crammed into our brains I suppose, but this time it was actually for real.
Anyway, none of us felt like going home afterwards, and we ended up going out dancing to get the adrenaline out our systems. It ended up being a really good night.
I hope the chap ended up ok. Alcohol and drugs can be nasty things!
All Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for not passing the man like everyone else! You saved life!!! Hallelujah! :) Yes you are heroes!!
ReplyDeletepöss!
Absolut, mer helger i Fiskdammen!! ;D
ReplyDeleteYou are the reason I still have faith in people.. Without you what hope do we have?
ReplyDelete