June 14, 2016

Tickets Booked

Today Espoir slept the whole morning and, running out of things to do, I finally sat down by the computer and decided today was the day. I booked a flight to the DRC, and if all goes well, we'll be landing in Kinshasa on the 1st of August. Now we just pray that all the rest will fall into place, that we will get our visas and that the political situation will be stable enough to travel.

I left for Sweden August 17 last year, and there has not been a day I haven't felt Nicolas absence. Going through the last trimester of pregnancy, labor, and finally taking care of a baby for 6 months without my husband by my side has been tremendously hard, but at last I see the possibility of an approaching reunion. We have been waiting for this so long it feels like a dream. The thought of seeing my husband face to face, touching him - it's almost surreal. In a month and a half, by the grace of God, we will finally be together again and Nicolas will be able to hold his son for the first time. A month and a half. I wish I could make time go faster...

All Love

No comments:

Post a Comment