January 23, 2013
The Common Cold
Today I am not very attractive. Maybe it's the red nose, swollen face or the sea of tissues that I'm bathing in; the common cold can be brutal when it hits you. It wasn't that long since I recovered from the previous one, I even know the word for "cold" in the local language, which is sad in itself. I had to cancel all my plans for the day and spent pretty much the whole day in bed watching House.
I said many months ago I would become better at resting, setting off one day a week to rest and focus inward instead of outward; I have to confess it wasn't very successful. So when I refuse to rest it seems like my body's forcing me to rest, like today. And I feel God is siding with my body, which makes me a little bit grumpy.
Conversation of the day:
God "How was your day of rest?"
Me "I don't like being sick"
God "If you get better will you still make tomorrow a day of rest?"
Me "Eh I, I have stuff to do and I planned to..."
God "You might want to cancel your plans and buy another box of tissues"
He always wins
All Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Älskar dej söstrami!
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDelete