June 10, 2012

Texas Baby

After a magical week in Orlando, Florida, and an interesting bus journey through the southern regions of the states (accompanied by loud white Bible citing Southerners) I finally reached my destination: Tyler in Texas, where I'll be doing a 5 week long training program to prepare me for my service with Mercy Ships.

The weather here is HOT. At 8pm I found it pretty comfortable; you could go for a walk without too much of a sweat and enjoy a beautiful sunset at the same time. The days here will be packed with class and other events so there will be very little time for excursions and lazing around. Tomorrow is the start of our week of Basic Safety Training, which means we'll be playing fire fighters and go playing in deep pools. Sounds like fun to me! 

People here are really nice, there are over 30 of us and we're staying on a massive property, part of which is a farm.  As I was out on a walk I accidentally went into the animal pens and couldn't find the way out. Some of the girls that saw me must have wondered what on earth I was doing walking around among the cows. 

All Love

No comments:

Post a Comment