August 22, 2011

Crayfish Party

It is Monday morning, and I should really start getting ready for work. We have had an amazing weekend, and are just so grateful for all our wonderful friends. Saturday morning we started preparing for the crafish party, making cheese quiches, smörgåstårta (sandwich-cake), chocolate balls and defrosting the crayfish. Then I went into town to buy shot glasses and veggies, grabbing the opportunity to check out the block party on Nelson street where graffiti artists from around the world had been working on the previously dull buildings.




At 7pm the party started, the crayfish ever so juicy and the drinking songs (helan går) ever so loud. There were lanterns, hats, napkins and snaps. We had such a lovely time, and I think both me and Maria wanted to wrap up all our friends in a ginormous hug! As we were heading towards midnight we took the party into town and went swinging our legs on the dancefloors. We got back in around 4.30 in the morning, and I didn't get out of bed until 13:40pm on Sunday. Then I joined the rest of the crew out in the sunny garden, was served a full English breakfast and relaxed before the cleaning began...


(My room on first floor facing garden)
Jim and Maria the morning after

All Love



2 comments:

  1. WOW! You're so english, yet so swedish :) Are you not living with Susanna?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I still do, but it was mainly me and Maria organising this party. It's me, Sus and Maria living here now.

    ReplyDelete