Last night I was walking home along Gloucester road, and I walked past a man asleep on the pavement with his dog cheerfully strolling up the road. I grabbed the lead and brought the dog back to the man, who was very difficult to wake up. The best response I got was a lame thumbs up and that was it. I pet the happy dog a bit and tried to find ways to attach it to the man, which was easier said than done as the dog constantly tried to snatch the lead out of my hand. Eventually I gave up and walked off. I had just started walking when the dog ran past me and continued the stroll it had begun. I stopped and the dog stopped and came back to me. I tried to make it go back to it's owner, but no. Great, I thought. I'm stealing a dog. As I continuead to walk I thought the dog would realise the pack leader was missing, but eventually I gave up and picked up the lead and stopped outside the pub I had planned to enter. I asked the bouncers what I was supposed to do with this dog that wasn't mine. They at once stated that it was Alan's dog. I confirmed Alan's appearance and told them that he was sleeping on the pavement further down the road and that his dog had been following me from there. They said that Alan is basically deaf and dumb and mainly do lip reading. They told me to just tie the dog to him. Yeah, as I had not tried. Anyway, I walk the cheerful dog back to Alan, and by this time someone was just getting Alan up from the pavement. And so Alan and his happy dog were reunited and Alan was very greatful for having the dog back.
As we walked up the road, having a conversation that I barely understood, we walked past the bouncers I talked to earlier. I told Alan this was my stop and we hugged goodbye. The bouncers told me I just made a friend for life. I laughed. They were serious.
It is Sunday and I am late for church as usual.
All Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ännu en Alan..? Det här blir svårare och svårare för mig hihi :)
ReplyDelete