May 18, 2010

Breakfast and Sunshine

When my parents were here we went out for breakfast at Zazu's Kitchen, and the homemade granola I wanted to order had just run out. Now, the English breakie was great, but I just couldn't get that granola out of my head. So today, my day off, I went there for a second try. When I stepped through the doors they remembered me from last time and gladly announced that the granola was there, before I had said a word. Good job!

I had a delicious breakfast, wrote a letter, then went down to the city centre for some toilet paper shopping. The sun was unmercifully shining over me, and I decided to abandon the city quite soon. On my way back I made two new friends at the bearpit, had a good chat with superman James who hands out food to the homeless and me, and slowly made my way back to the flat. I changed outfit to shorts and sleeveless, got my camera ready and my bicycle out and headed for Leigh Woods. Climbed a tree and enjoyed life, enjoyed CS Lewis and some salty liquerice, then rolled back home. I love Bristol!



From when my parents were here:
  • 8 hour walking tour through Bristol, showing my favourite spots
  • English pie, beer and cider aboard The Beer factory
  • Building IKEA furniture
  • English breakfast without granola
  • Cardiff by car, too tired and mean to do sight seeing
  • The Hatchet for a pint and people watching
  • Ma's interesting incident at Hatchet's toilet
  • Cornwall by car, me and ma asleep
  • St Ives, walking by the stranded boats
  • Land's end and the hunt for cream tea
  • Me driving left side and almost giving parents heart attac
  • Me hugging ma & pa goodbye, leaving them to snooze in my duck down duvet while I cycle to work at 6 am
You're all welcome to visit England's best city!


















Ma & Pa at Land's End

All Love

No comments:

Post a Comment