I moved away from the country I know well, where my family and my friends live. Where there was always food in the fridge, and hot water in the taps. Where, when cold, you could turn up the heat or make a fire. There, I would never come home to an empty house. The colours of the walls were not purple, and my bedroom did not feel like a fridge.
We all need changes, but when they come, we do not always welcome them with open arms. We like to stick to the ordinary, stay in our comfort zones where everything is familiar. I have had moments of tears, of cryin and of questioning since I came here. For example, why did I move to the "slums" instead of sticking to the "in-all-ways-better outskirts"? I ask myself that, I ask God that, and the only answer I can think of is, because that's where my heart tells me to go. And I'll survive, even though it may not feel like that when it's time to get up in the morning. I thank God for hot water bottles.
All Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
det brukar va bra att följa sitt hjärta.. fint att höra att du har det stort, ska försöka komma å hälsa på! :)
ReplyDeleteÅh, bamsekramar till dig. Sådana som värmer och kanske kan ge lite tröst. Vet inte om det är någon större tröst, men jag känner igen känslan från gymnasietiden... "Hur hamnade jag här, och varför?! Var det verkligen jag som ville flytta så här långt hemifrån?"
ReplyDeletekram på dig, tänker på dig från kalla Svedala
=)
Change is sometimes scary, however friends are never far away!
ReplyDelete